Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but NOT in lieu of the CampCo Employment Application. Emails without a CampCo application will not be considered for employment.
Is seeking Experienced, Outgoing, Dedicated people to work as Recreation Leaders (Camp Counselors) and Site Directors at our Summer Day Camps throughout South Orange County (Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Ladera Ranch & San Clemente). Work hours vary between 7:45am-6:15pm weekdays, with some occasional weekend or evening hours. Summer Camps run from June 29 – August 28, 2015.
Applicants must be available to attend trainings on ALL of the following dates (no exceptions)
- · Wednesday, June 17, 2015; 4pm-10pm
- · Thursday, June 18, 2015; 9am-2pm (Site Directors only)
- · Saturday, June 20, 2015; 9am-5pm
- · Wednesday, June 24, 2014; 5pm-8:30pm (Site Directors only)
- · Thursday, June 25, 2015 10am-3pm (Lake Mission Viejo staff only)
- · Friday, June 26, 2015; 1:30pm-8pm
- · Sat., June 27, 2015; daytime TBD (Lake Forest, Ladera, Talega staff)
Recreation Leader (Camp Counselor) Requirements
- Incoming High School Senior or Graduate
- Ideally, some college experience
- Experience in Camps, Teaching, or Afterschool Programs
- Must be available to work the majority of weekdays during summer. Maximum of 7 camp days requested off during Summer Employment.
- Applicants must be available to work on the following black our dates:
June 29-July 3, 2015 anf July 4th holiday events (partial day).
- Most applicants must be availabe to work on the following Brown-out Dates: Monday-Friday, August 17-28, 2015.
Site Director Requirements (Run a camp and supervise staff)
- All of the above plus...
- At least one year of College Experience, ideally with courses in teaching, child development or recreation related field.
- At least one year leading a camp or afterschool program or similar youth program
- Experience working as a school teacher, teaching assistant or similar position
- At least 3 yearsexperience working at a summer day camp counselor or similar position.
Some year-round work may be available for candidates who are available to work Afterschool Programs during the 2015/2016 School-year.
Recreation Leader (Camp Counselor): DOE, $9-$10/hour
Asst. Site Director Hourly Rate: DOE, $11/hour
Site Director Hourly Rate: DOE, $12-$14/hour
A. CPR/First Aid Certifications by a CampCo-approved organization
B. Lifeguard and/or Basic Water Safety Certifications required for Directors working summer programs that include water activities.
C. Additional ECE courses are desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Print and complete the CampCo Employment Application and mail, email or fax to CampCo.
Questions?: Call CampCo at (949) 643-9008
*Candidates who are invited to an interview will be required to provide a completed "Full Application", prior to their interview.
CampCo will NOT accept resumes in lieu of the official CampCo application. Emailed resumes without an application included will be deleted. All emails must include the Subject Line: "CampCo Employment."
CampCo employs over 40 part-time, seasonal (summer) employees and approximately 10-15 part-time, year-round employees. As CampCo is rapidly growing and regularly promotes from within, part-time staff may have opportunities for full-time careers with the company in the future. Many of CampCo's managers began as Recreation Leader and have moved up quickly over the years. Make your career with CampCo.
Prior to employment, prospective candidates must successfully complete a thorough background check, which may include drug screen and TB testing and fingerprinting. Upon hire, Employees may be given 30 days to complete an American Red Cross CPR/First Aid Course.
APPLY TODAY!! NOW INTERVIEWING!! A COMPLETED CAMPCO APPLICATION IS REQUIRED.
|CampCo is accepting Applications for the following Positions:
Recreation Leader- Summer Camp
Site Director -Summer Camp
Fax to CampCo (949) 666-9008
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org