SUMMER DAY CAMP
A CampCo employment application is required to be considered for this position. Resumes that are received without an accompanying completed CampCo application will automatically be deleted without consideration.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE APPLYING.
CampCo is a full-service recreation provider that offers high-quality, fun, safe and educational children’s day camps, preschool classes, after school programs, pajama parties, CPR/First Aid courses, special event planning/assistance and many other recreation programs for HOAs, Cities, Schools and other organizations throughout South Orange County.
CampCo is seeking Experienced, Outgoing, Dedicated people to work as Recreation Leaders (Camp Counselors) and Site Directors at our Summer Day Camps throughout South Orange County (Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Ladera Ranch & San Clemente).
Work hours vary between 7:45am-6:15pm weekdays, with some occasional weekend or evening hours. Most Summer Camps run from June 30 – August 29, 2014 (one location ends September 5).
Applicants must be available to attend trainings on ALL of the following dates (no exceptions)
- Thurs., June 19, 2014; 4pm-10pm
- Friday, June 20, 2014; 9am-2pm (Site Directors only)
- Saturday, June 21, 2014; 9am-5pm
- Wed., June 25, 2014; 5pm-8:30pm (Site Directors only)
- Thursday, June 26, 2014 10am-3pm (Lake Mission Viejo staff only)
- Friday, June 27, 2014; 1:30pm-8pm
- Saturday., June 28, 2014; time TBD (Lake Forest, Ladera, Talega staff)
Recreation Leader (Camp Counselor) Requirements
- Incoming High School Senior or Graduate
- Ideally, some college experience
- Experience in Camps, Teaching or Afterschool Programs
- Must be available to work the majority of weekdays during the summer (June 30 – August 29). Maximum of 7 camp days requested off during Summer employment.
- Must be available to work on the following Black-out Dates:
June 30 – July 3, 2014 and July 4th holiday events (partial day)
- Most applicants must be available to work on the following Brown-out Dates: Mondays – Fridays, August 18-29, 2014.
Site Director Requirements
(Run a camp and supervise staff)
- All of the above, plus…
- At least one year of college experience, ideally with courses in a teaching, child development or recreation related field.
- At least one year leading a camp, afterschool program or similar youth program
- Experience working as a school teacher, teaching assistant or similar type of position
- At least at least 3 years’ experience working at a summer day camp counselor or similar position.
Some year-round work may be available for candidates who are available to work Afterschool Programs during the 2014/2015 School-year.
A. CPR/First Aid Certifications by a CampCo-approved organization
B. Lifeguard and/or Basic Water Safety Certifications required for Directors working summer programs that include water activities.
C. Additional ECE courses are desirable.
APPLY TODAY!! INTERVIEWS BEGIN MID-APRIL!!
Recreation Leader (Camp Counselor) Hourly Rate: DOE, $8-$9.50/hour
Site Director Hourly Rate: DOE, $10-$13/hour
www.CampcoDayCamps.com Call CampCo at (949) 643-9008
HOW TO APPLY:
Print and complete the CampCo Employment Application and mail, email or fax to CampCo.
Don't have access to a printer?
Applicants called in to interview will be required to fill out the Full CampCo Application at or prior to the time of interview.
CampCo will NOT accept resumes in lieu of the official CampCo application. Emailed resumes without an application included will be deleted. All emails must include the Subject Line: "CampCo Employment."
CampCo employs over 40 part-time, seasonal (summer) employees and approximately 15-20 part-time, year-round employees. As CampCo is rapidly growing and regularly promotes from within, part-time staff may have opportunities for full-time careers with the company in the future. Many of CampCo's managers began as Recreation Staff and have moved up quickly over the years. Make your career with CampCo.
Prior to employment, prospective candidates must successfully complete a thorough background check, which may include drug screen and TB testing and fingerprinting. Upon hire, Employees may be given 30 days to complete an American Red Cross CPR/First Aid Course.
APPLY TODAY!! NOW INTERVIEWING!! A COMPLETED CAMPCO APPLICATION IS REQUIRED.
|CampCo is accepting Applications for the
| following Positions:
Recreation Leader -Summer Camp
|Assistant Site Director- Summer Camp
|Site Director- Summer Camp
Fax to CampCo (949) 666-9008 -or- Mail to CampCo
26861 Trabuco Rd. Suite E-121
Mission Viejo, CA 92691